Welcome to the Homepage for the Ross Township Trustee



Board Members






Landlord Affidavit



EAP Guidelines

Household Size


1 17,235
2 23,265
3 29,295
4 35,325
5 41,355
6 47,385
7 53,415
8 59,445
9 65,475




Copyright 2012 Ross Township
Email: Trustee
      Last update 06/10/2014
** If your name is hyphenated because of marriage and your spouse is no longer in the household, you will need to provide proof of legal separation or your divorce decree. If your name is hyphenated from birth, you will need to provide your birth certificate.**
    1. One of the following: Indiana Driver's License OR Indiana State  I.D. for all household members 18 and over. - No Exceptions!

     2. Social Security cards for ALL household members OR printout from Social Security Office OR Welfare printout that lists all household members with birthdate and social security numbers.

    3. NIPSCO BILL/OIL BILL:  Current Nipsco bill & disconnect notice (if you have a disconnect you MUST bring the green disconnect notice AND the current blue/white regular Nipsco bill.)

    4. Proof of Residency (one of the following):

        - Homeowners -- must bring either a Mortgage Statement, Property Tax Papers or Deed to show ownership.

        - Renters -- must bring a lease and a completed Landlord Affidavit - (Must pick up form prior to appointment).

    5. Proof of Income for ALL household members 18 years and older must be provided for the past 12 months:

        * All W2's and 1099 Statements for each job worked year to date in 2013 or letter from employer on company letterhead stating year to date income for 2013.

        * 2013 tax return for self-employment income and all schedules.

        * Social Security award letter for 2013 and 2014 or Current 2014 Bank Statement and December 2013 Bank Statement.

        * Proof of SSI for the last 12 months (2013).

        * Pension award letter for 2013 and current 2014, IRA or 401k Distribution Information.

        * High school students/Full-Time College students 18 or older living in household must document attendance with high school or college schedule. College student, up to age 23, must be declared as a dependent on household's most recent income tax. (Must provide tax return).

        * College students taking less than 12 hours must provide employee wage inquiry statement and a voucher history inquiry from Work One, no exceptions.)

        * TANF printout for last 12 months.

        * Food Stamp print out indicating all household members and social security numbers.

        * Child Support and Adoption assistance income documentation for the last 12 months.

        * Individuals 18 & older with No income must be verified through Work One with employee wage inquiry statement from Indiana and Illinois and a voucher history inquiry, no exceptions!

Lake County          
Name Address City State Zip Phone Number
Catholic Charities 940 Broadway Gary Indiana 46402 219-886-3549
Catholic Charities 3901 Fir St. East Chicago Indiana 46312 219-397-5803
Gary Neighborhood Services 300 W 21st Ave. Gary Indiana 46407 219-883-0431
Greater Hammond Community Svc. 824 Hoffman St. Hammond Indiana 46320 219-932-4800
Lake Station Center 275 E. 29th St. Lake Station Indiana 46405 219-963-0261
Ross Township Trustee Office 24 W 73rd Ave. Merrillville Indiana 46410 219-769-2111
Southlake Community Services 1450 Joliet St. #202 Crown Point Indiana 46307 219-663-0627
Porter County          
Name Address City State Zip Phone Number
Porter County Community Services 1005 Campbell St. Valparaiso IN 46385 219-464-9736
Portage Township Trustee 3484 Airport Rd. Portage IN 46368 219-762-1623
Jasper County          
Name Address City State Zip Phone Number
Jasper County Community Services 967 E. Leopold St. Rensselaer IN 47978 219-866-8071
Newton County          
Name Address City State Zip Phone Number
Newton County Community Services 117 E. State St. Morocco IN 47963 219-285-2246

List of Other Locations

*Call to make an Appointment.