You can Rent the Ross Township Social Center – Shelters – Parks
Hidden lake social center
The newly remodeled social center is the park’s primary event facility. It has beautiful furnishings inside with a breathtaking view of the lake and outdoor water fountain from the veranda.
The inside is complete with a beverage area, kitchen, restrooms, drinking fountain, projection screen, two flat screen TVs, and WI-FI. You can bring your own food for use in the kitchen or use a caterer.
The social center can accommodate up to 125 people and is available for daily rentals, except for certain holidays or events.
(219)769-2111 to make a reservation!
Price and availability of the
social center varies
ALCOHOL AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
HIDDEN LAKE PARK SHELTER / PICNIC/ GAZEBO – AREA RENTAL RULES & REGULATIONS – 6355 Broadway – Merrillville, IN 46410
The following rules have been adopted to assure enjoyment of Hidden Lake Park by you and all visitors. User and his/her group agree to abide by the following Hidden Lake Park rules:
- User agrees to leave area in same condition as when event started.
- User is responsible for any damage done to facility during rental.
- No swimming allowed
- No glass containers may be used.
- Any decorations must be removed, including staples, nails, tape, etc.
- No games or amusement park items can be brought into the park. For example: (bounce house, food and game trucks, portable basketball hoops and livestock)
- Grilling is permitted only in established grills or privately owned grills. Portable grills or stoves are not permitted on combustible picnic tables. Gas grills and electric grills are permitted. Do Not Dump Any Ashes From Grills!
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is limited to shelter or picnic areas only.
- Pets shall be on a leash not more than six feet in length and under the owner’s control at all times. Owners are responsible for cleanup. STRICTLY ENFORCED BY STAFF.
- Additional Equipment such as the use of tents or other equipment requires prior approval of the Ross Township business office.
- Vehicles are allowed only on roadways and in parking areas. Everyone in your group should know that NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED ON GRASS. For safety reasons, motorists are to observe speed limits are posted.
- Noise Disturbances – Due to the proximity of other shelters and picnic areas; amplified music or loudspeakers are not allowed. However, a radio and boom box are permitted. (No DJ or Live Band).
- Soliciting, peddling, fund-raising, collecting fees is not allowed on park property.
- The use of water craft (except park issued) is not allowed.
Hidden Lake Park Refund Policy – There are NO REFUNDS! However, you may reschedule based on availability during the 2022 Season.
Monday – Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Hidden Lake Park
Hidden Lake Park is located at 6355 Broadway, Merrillville, IN. Special events are scheduled throughout the year starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Experience the paddleboats, shelters, concessions, softball games, disc golf, fitness trail, sledding hill and social center.
Cemetery Park & Veterans Memorial Park
The Cemetery Park is located at 720 E 73rd Avenue, Merrillville, IN The statue, located at the park, honors our Veterans and the Cemetery dates back to the early 1800s.
A neighborhood park named for the land pioneer developer Olind Skinner. The entrance is located at 69th Place and Delaware Street in Merrillville. The park features a 2 1/2 acre pond and a family sized picnic shelter on the west side of the pond along with a grassy picnic area. The park covers 9.1 acres.
This 9 acre park is located 1/2 mile west of Taft Street on 73rd Avenue in Merrillville. Activities include a 5 acre lake, picnic shelter and playground. The park is ideal for a quiet afternoon of picnicking and fishing.
Green Acres Park
This neighborhood park is located at the north end of Green Acres Subdivision. The entrance is at 7406 W 74th Avenue, Merrillville The park sits on 5 acres featuring a baseball field, a small playground and picnic facilities.